cozy zone · fermented pea protein · Healthy · healthy recipes · pastries · vegan ·
Apple Cinnamon Protein Waffles (with vegan alternatives)
One more new recipe in the Nutrasumma Protein Pastry Collection. This waffles not only wake your stomach by the smell of apple and cinnamon, but also energize your body with high protein. What’s the best - You can also make it vegan!
Why Nutrasumma Fermented Pea Protein – Unflavored
Unflavored as it says, and PURE indeed! The Nutrasumma Fermented Pea Protein - Unflavored avoid all the unnecessary add-ons and provide you the all-natural fermented pea protein. Easy for digestion, no gas issue anymore! And it blends well with almost all pastry ingredients.
Ingredients of the Apple Cinnamon Protein Waffles (Vegan options included)
- 1 scoop of Nutrasumma Fermented Pea Protein - Unflavored
- 2 eggs (vegan alternative: 2 flax eggs)
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A splash of coconut or almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter (vegan alternative: plant-based butter)
- Optional toppings: Almonds, oats, almond butter – all vegan; Sweetener drops or sugar substitutes for sweeter tastes and less calorie intake!
- In a large bowl, mix the Nutrasumma Unflavored Pea Protein powder with coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs (or flax eggs) with coconut or almond milk.
- Mix the ingredients from Step(1) and Step(2). Slowly add more splashes of milk substitutes if the mixture is too dry to combine.
- Add apple to the mixture from Step(3)
- Preheat the waffle maker. Melt the butter (or vegan butter) in your waffle maker.
- Put the mixture from Step (4) into waffle maker. Keep heating till the waffle is slightly crispy.
- Finish your baking process with cooling down the waffles and add some topping options of your choice.
Leave a comment